We’re excited to announce that this week, our blog has a new name — Viewfinder — and a new look. Whether you’re on your desktop or phone, the site has become easier to navigate and read, richer in its offerings, and significantly prettier.
KitSplit has always been focused on empowering creators and helping them bring their projects to life. In addition to doing this via easy, affordable camera rentals, we are also dedicated to highlighting your work; connecting you to awesome resources like film grants and film festivals; and teaching you all you need to know about succeeding as a visual creator on our bog.
This redesign helps showcase what’s important to us and more importantly, what’s important to you.
So, what’s new? We’ve made lots of changes, but here are a few we’re most excited about:
- More emphasis on relevant, popular stories. When you visit Viewfinder, we want it to be easy for you to find stories that you’ll love. We’ve redesigned to emphasize relevance and newsworthiness rather than just publish date.
- Better discoverability. You can now search Viewfinder for keywords and phrases that matter to you, and relevant stories will surface as you browse.
- All your favorite sections in one place. We’ve organized the blog into Events, Resources, Profiles, Gear, Production and KitSplit Updates so it’s easier for you to find what you’re looking for.
- A new section for resources. Posts about free and inexpensive resources have consistently been among our most popular. So they now have their own section!
- Sleeker, faster, and more intuitive. We’ve streamlined the design and created an interface with faster load times and more intuitive browsing.