“We’ve never had a moment like this in our lifetimes, where a new art form, a new medium, is born.”
-Chris Milk, Founder of Within
2016 has been called the year of Virtual Reality, and many filmmakers are excited to explore this new medium. But with so many new cameras, rigs, and systems out there, navigating the scene can be overwhelming. On November 9th, join us for presentations about the latest and greatest in cutting-edge virtual reality filmmaking tools!
- 7:30PM: Presentations begin
- 8:30PM: Happy hour + mingling
The event is FREE but you must RSVP on Eventbrite, as space is limited and the venue requires a guest list. If you RSVP and realize you can’t make it, please release your ticket so others can attend.
- Jeffrey Martin, CEO of Sphericam. Sphericam represents the cutting edge of 360º virtual reality content capture tools. A range of prosumer and professional no compromise spherical cameras and unparalleled veteran industry knowledge, make Sphericam the go-to brand for quality immersive video production in Cinematic, Creative, Broadcast and Live production. Read more about Sphericam on Techcrunch and Petapixel. Their first flagship product is the Sphericam 2, designed by and for professional videographers, followed by (soon to be revealed) other tools answering the requests of the virtual reality community
- Kyle Kukshtel of DepthKit. DepthKit is a suite of tools that allows anyone to capture, edit, and publish volumetric experiences. Depthkit was used in Zero Days (a new documentary by Oscar-award winning filmmaker Alex Gibney), Giant (a virtual reality experience that premiered at Sundance), and Clouds (an interactive documentary which won the Interactive category at Tribeca two years ago), among others.
- Svrround, a software solution to build and deploy modular live 360 experiences. Svrround’s approach to live 360 video is to provide you with the tools you need to build experiences, not just streams. It’s about engrossing your viewers in a new virtual space they can share with others.
This event is hosted by KitSplit, where creators and gear connect: a community marketplace for camera equipment. KitSplit helps filmmakers, photographers, and artists get the gear they need to make incredible work. We also help equipment owners safely make money renting gear out when they’re not using it. Called “the AirBNB of cameras” by No Film School, Forbes, and Fast Company, we connect creative professionals with owners of top notch equipment, including rental houses, production companies, and individuals. KitSplit saves time and money with a streamlined rental process: renters can search across hundreds of vendors at once, buy shoot insurance on the spot, and order delivery and pickup. Equipment owners can safely make money renting gear out: we take care of the vetting and insurance.
*Image courtesy of DepthKit.