Last updated: April 6, 2020.
We know it can be rough out there, so we wanted to start compiling a list of resources to help everyone make it through to the other side of the coronavirus, whenever that may be. This is a living document, and we will add things to it as we find them. To that end, if you have suggestions or tips please let us know!
- Resources – Here is an amazing list of COVID-19 related resources for freelance artists.
$5000 – Brown Microgrant (due Fri March 20) “to help support journalists, technologists, health researchers, data scientists, social scientists, and any and all communities involved in covering the virus.” ( link )
- NYC only – Assistance & Guidance for Businesses Impacted Due to Novel Coronavirus (link)
- Mentorship – Field of Vision’s New Virtual Mentorship & Consultation Service for the Documentary Community (link)
- Mentorship – Women in Film (link)
- Productivity – A low cost real-time remote editing workflow from editor Sofi Marshall (link).
- Financial – Federal Disaster Unemployment Assistance (link)
- Students – Free Adobe Creative Cloud through May 31 for students.
- Resources/Financial – Creative Capital has put together this great list of artist resources and emergency funds/grants (link)
- Resources/Financial – The NY Foundation for the Arts has a list of emergency grants for artists (link)
- Resources/Financial – The Actor’s Fund has an entertainment assistance fund for emergency financial assistance (link)
- Resources – Frame.io is offering 3 months of their enterprise software for free. Check this out if you’re looking for a remote editing solution (link).
- Education – Shane Hurlbut ASC has made his online Illumination Experience Workshop free for the next 3 months during the Covid-19 pandemic (link)
- Education – Arri has made a couple of their online classes available for free. High Dynamic Range with Karl Walter Lindenlaub ASC (link), and Large Format Cinematography with James Laxton ASC (link).
- Financial/Resources – $1000 – $8000. National Geographic COVID-19 Emergency Fund for Journalists. “This fund will place particular emphasis on delivering news to underserved populations, particularly where there is a dearth of evidence-based information getting to those who need it. We are interested in local and even hyper-local distribution models.” (link)
- Resources – Arc Studio Pro, a high quality collaborative screenwriting tool, is free until further notice (link)
- Resources – Red Giant Complete, the full product suite of high quality VFX and post production tools from Red Giant, is free for students and teachers (link)